Before going deep into the time required by one to completely heal after a dental implant, here are some facts and questions that need to be covered and answered respectively-
- What are dental implants actually?
Dental implants are the replacement of tooth roots to be exact. Implants provide a robust foundation for removable or fixed replacement teeth that are so manufactured to suit one’s natural teeth. It is the ultimate solution that is being adopted at a large scale by most of the dentist India, as said by the health magazines.
- What the benefits one will get from this type of implant?
- Better appearance:- Dental implants give one a feeling as if it is their own teeth. And because they are designed to merge with the bone, they become permanent.
- Talking becomes fluent:- Obviously enhances speech because teeth are the main component which helps us talk.
- They are comfortable:- Just because they are implanted doesn’t mean that they will hurt. They are designed so that they get to merge with your mouth environment. Hence, they prove to be very comfortable.
- Eating hard food becomes easy:- One of the main reasons behind implants and it proves successful. On doing implants, one’s chewing becomes stronger which makes them crush hard parts easily. Ultimately digestion system gets enhanced for those people.
- Oral health gets a boost:- Dental implant doesn’t require minimizing other teeth as a tooth-supported bridge does. As primary teeth are not manipulated to hold the implant, more of one’s teeth are left unharmed, enhancing long-term oral health.
- Long life:- Implants are highly durable and last many years. If one takes a good care (i.e. tooth implant treatment), they might last for a lifetime.
- Convenient:- Implants eradicate the uneasy inconvenience of dentures, as well as the implementation of bad adhesives to position them.
The healing period for placing dental implants is a complex process that can vary widely from one person to another. Below are some factors that influence the healing time of implants-
- Medications:- A proper medication can help one to remove their stitches within 14 days. This is the average time specified according to some reports based on Dental implants India.
- Osseointegration:- To cover it in a nutshell, this can be described as- a process where the bone fuses to the implant to become stable enough to support a tooth on it. To be specific, this process cannot be accelerated and it takes around 3-4 months to finish. Once, it is accomplished, the implant can have a tooth attached which will help one to chew food with the implant.